Modular Data Centers
Data Center design and implementation has been changing rapidly. Every cycle of the Chip & Software evolution has also migrated the Data Center design to the next level. Industry trend is rapidly evolving away from monolithic design of Data Center into Modular Data Center design. In many ways this is analogous to the evolution of software life cycle. The reason for this evolution is the challenges with monolithic design such as,
- Under utilized capital investment resources
- Impossible to accurately compute Energy Efficiency
- Extremely Long design and installation cycle time
- Quality of the underlying infrastructure
- Inflexible density of the infrastructure
- Complex coding and configuration of management systems
- Difficult to implement fault tolerance
- Ever changing standards compliance
- Multiple Operator training procedures
However just a point of delivery type of environment is not a modular data center. Modular data center requires a ground up infrastructure approach which isolates every single data center module from the fundamental architecture. Modular data center also isolates outside environmental conditions such as security incidents, earthquakes, fire hazards and other types of disasters not just limited to traditional Data Center designs.
Rahi Systems has combined various approaches to the modular data center design for the infrastructure. Request the white paper on modular data center design.