Datacenter Infrastructure Project Estimator
Location: Ashburn, VA
The role of the Estimator is to Quantity Estimate materials for Cost Estimating purposes. This includes quantity plan reading, on-screen takeoffs, scope of work development, performing estimates, working with architects, engineers, contractors and project managers, training/educating of consultants, assisting with specifying projects and establishing goals and standards.
- Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering information and requirements; setting priorities.
- Prepares Quantity Estimates off of Architectural Drawings; Proficient Plan reading skills a must
- Resolves quantity discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- In depth knowledge of online bidding processes and tender submissions.
- Work with consultants to understand scope of work and translate into estimating process
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Must possess a complete understanding of construction techniques and be a resource for knowledge.
- 5 years construction/estimating experience. Additional plus understanding MasterSpec & AIA requirements.
- Ability to handle high volume of work and keep deadlines
- Ability to solve client concerns and speak expertly on the solution
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to estimate project labor resource requirements