With a unique convergence of hardware, software and storage expertise, iXsystems bring you the award-winning TrueNAS flash and all flash storage arrays, offering enterprise reliability and performance in storage. Consolidate your business-critical applications with a TrueNAS storage array that fits the performance and capacity requirements of your application.
TrueNAS unifies block and file storage, grows to nearly 5PB in a rack, is available in hybrid and all-flash configurations, and uses a ZFS-based file system that guarantees data stays pristine and safe.
One of the key pieces of technology we use in TrueNAS is the ZFS filesystem.
- True Protection: TrueNAS provides unrivaled data integrity protection by using the OpenZFS enterprise file system. OpenZFS is a next-generation file system in every regard from its self-healing bit rot mitigation to its flexible snapshotting and replication.
- True Scalability: OpenZFS is a future-proof 128-bit “scale up” file system that is designed for decades of continuous use. TrueNAS grows from hundreds of GBs to 4PB per system and is designed to make the increase in capacity painless.
- True Flexibility: TrueNAS offers you the flexibility of choice, providing CIFS/SMB, AFP, and NFS for file storage and iSCSI and Fibre Channel for block storage. Every common operating system, hypervisor, and application is supported. TrueNAS uses OpenZFS to provide unlimited point-in-time snapshots, allowing you to roll back and access data as it was. TrueNAS is a proven way to mitigate virtual machine corruption, user error, and ransomware attacks like CryptoLocker.
- True Performance: TrueNAS delivers a perfect balance of price and performance that puts many all-flash arrays to shame. It uses TrueCache™ to leverage RAM, flash storage and spinning disks for flash-like performance with spinning disk capacities and economics.
- True Freedom: Originally developed at Sun Microsystems but now Open Source, OpenZFS is an enterprise-grade file system that iXsystems has delivered to more users than anyone. iX Systems works closely with the OpenZFS community.
|Model||TrueNAS X10||TrueNAS X20||TrueNAS M40||TrueNAS M50|
|Max Capacity (RAW)||504TB||1PB||2PB||10.4PB|
|Max Effective Capacity*||1.26PB||2.5PB||5PB||26PB|
|Drives/Expansion Shelves Supported||36/2||72/2||144/2||744/12|
|Storage Architecture||Flash + Disk||Flash + Disk||Flash + Disk/td>||Flash + Disk|
|Hybrid Storage Pools||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Max Ethernet Speed||2x10GbE||4x10GbE||2x40GbE||4x100GbE|
|Fibre Channel (option)||N/A||2x8Gb||4x16Gb||4x32Gb|